S.H (University of Indonesia) | Partner
Franki Boas Rajagukguk graduated from the Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia, in 2008, and subsequently joined Nurjadin Sumono Mulyadi and Partners Law Office in 2009 to commence his professional career as a practicing lawyer for almost 5 years. Afterward, he joined Ali Budiardjo Nugroho Reksodiputro (ABNR) a prominent law firm in Jakarta in July 2013. In December 2020, he decided to join APP Lawfirm.
During his entire career, he has rich experience in handling civil, commercial, arbitration, criminal, administrative, and industrial relation dispute cases.
Some of his work highlights:
- Successfully defended an Indonesian subsidiary of the Thailand-based publicly listed financial services company against a USD 7 million breach of contract claim brought by Indonesian publicly listed bank in connection with client’s alleged failure to comply with the terms of an agreement for the provision of customer financing;
- Successfully defended an oil and gas services provider company against a claim brought by a former employee for severance pay in the Industrial Relations Court;
- Successfully defended a leading European luxury car manufacturer and its distributor against a personal injuries claim for IDR 100 billion brought by an individual, who claimed that defendant committed an unlawful act by recklessly producing, assembling and distributing a vehicle that caught fire while plaintiff was driving it;
- Successfully defended a leading European luxury car manufacturer as a Co-Defendant in a tort-based claim filed by a local company before the District Court of South Jakarta.
- Successfully defended a multinational consumer goods company in a dispute over the termination of an employee for what Client viewed as serious violations of the company’s internal regulations and code of conduct;
- Represented local subsidiary of a Japan Finance company as defendant in a breach of contract dispute in the South Jakarta District Court;
- Successfully defended local subsidiary of a Japan Finance company as defendant against a claim brought by a former employee for severance pay in the Industrial Relations Court;
- Represented a distributor of Japanese cars in a criminal action involving an employee of the company;