S.H (University of Indonesia) – M.H (University of Indonesia) | Partner
Franki Boas Rajagukguk graduated from the Faculty of Law, University of Indonesia, in 2008 and subsequently joined Nurjadin Sumono Mulyadi and Partners Law Office in 2009 to commence his professional career as a practicing lawyer for almost five years. Afterward, he joined Ali Budiardjo Nugroho Reksodiputro (ABNR) a prominent law firm in Jakarta in July 2013. In December 2020, he decided to join APP Lawfirm.
During his entire career, he has had rich experience handling civil, commercial, arbitration, criminal, administrative, and industrial relation dispute cases.
Some of his work highlights:
- Successfully defended an Indonesian subsidiary of the Thailand-based publicly listed financial services company against a USD 7 million breaches of contract claim brought by an Indonesian publicly listed bank in connection with the client’s alleged failure to comply with the terms of an agreement for the provision of customer financing;
- Successfully defended an oil and gas services provider company against a claim brought by a former employee for severance pay in the Industrial Relations Court;
- Successfully defended a leading European luxury car manufacturer and its distributor against a personal injuries claim for IDR 100 billion brought by an individual who claimed that the defendant committed an unlawful act by recklessly producing, assembling, and distributing a vehicle that caught fire while the plaintiff was driving it;
- Successfully defended a leading European luxury car manufacturer as a Co-Defendant in a tort-based claim filed by a local company before the District Court of South Jakarta.
- Successfully defended a multinational consumer goods company in a dispute over the termination of an employee for what the Client viewed as serious violations of the company’s internal regulations and code of conduct;
- Represented a local subsidiary of a Japanese financial services company as a defendant in a breach of contract dispute in the South Jakarta District Court;
- Successfully defended the local subsidiary of another Japan Financial services company as a defense against a claim brought by a former employee for severance pay in the Industrial Relations Court;
- Represented a distributor of Japanese cars in a criminal action involving an employee of the company;